Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Momma-

For your special day I wanted to write you a poem to tell you exactly all the amazing things you've ever done that make me so happy to be your daughter... Unfortunately I'm not as good at it as you'd have me believe. How can i describe 23 years of unquestionable support and love, not to mention still tie in just how amazing you are in general? I can't...

Without you I would not exist. How trite must the words sound when i go on about when you taught me to talk, or walk, or anything... You gave me life woman! You showed me right from wrong, stood by me when there was no-one else, even protected me from myself a time or two. You have cleanned and kissed booboos, held me while i cried even when it was a stupid reason. You helped me decide who i wanted to be and i never wondered if you were proud of me or if you wished i had done differently. You let me be me more than anyone else I know and I know sometimes you wish there was more you could cram in my head, but from the earliest you showed me security, love, a pride that was not sinful, friendship. You've been with me through heart ache and physical pain and even the times it was both at once. I can only hope to one day be as good a mom for my kids as you are to me.

I may have taught you how to pout but you taught me how to smile and I hope today is full of smiles for you! Not only today but everyday I love you and am thankful god gave me an angel when I was supposed to get a mother! Happy Mother's Day Mom!



OMG!!! I almost forgot my favorite part of any holiday: PRESENTS!!! Aside from a home made dinner by yours truly you will be receiving a shopping trip to the store of your choice at the value of fifty dollars!!! And what does a shopping trip need other than two crazy chicas like us??? COUPONS OF COURSE!!!!







'My mommy loves me more than anybody! You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.' -kids on love email-

3 comments:

Jay said...

how sweetie alana your mom will love it

Phyl said...

Alana...thanks for spoiling me so graphically...sorry...couldn't resist the chance to use the pun.

The alphas and the "This is Sparta!" graphic are too awesome~

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

nice thoughts,sorry I've been a little lax in visiting you.I forgot to add you to my reader.

Not to mention I have busy with my new and old sites. I signed in with my new site link just click my name.
I still can be found at the old site as well.