Saturday, March 8, 2008

Common Sense

It seems to me that common sense is becoming a thing of the past. We live in a society where we have to make sure everything is "pc" and triple labeled so that the idiots of our country can't sue the makers of items. News Flash: cigarettes cause cancer, wearing black at night makes you more likely to be hit by a car, and anything "fresh out the oven" is hot.

Please, don't think I'm being all righteous here. The name of the blog IS forgotten revelations. I have been duh-ing myself all week about little common sense things. The big one this week- dishes. Don't laugh at me too long for this one...

Now, anyone who knows me will tell you I absolutely hate doing dishes. I'll scrub the bathroom fifteen times before I'll be excited about cleaning a single fork. Silverware are the worst! But despite my dislike for said chore, occassionally it falls on me to clean up the kitchen. So a couple of days ago I walk into the kitchen to grab a quick bite and there is no clean silverware. I start the mumbling and then this wave of common sense hits me. While I did wash the dishes the night before, why would there be clean silverware if I didn't wash it? Aren't silverware part of the dishes?? All of a sudden I realized I wasn't upset about the fact that my brother doesn't do the dishes- I was upset that I had skipped a step and lost common sense for a moment. So I was mumbling at myself! LOL

And that is why I love this blog... It's helping me notice things like momentary lapses in common sense. And honestly isn't that all these post have been about? Something seemingly so small and duh-ish but bam it hits me like a mac truck at the randomist of moments. May you have a little more common sense and remember to wash the silverware with the rest of the dishes!



You can read the email that started this rant here.

5 comments:

Phyl said...

Ummm...so, does this mean you will be doing dishes more often? Sorry...couldn't resist.

I LOVE this post...so true...common sence is a thing of the past...and its not just you...its all of us.

Allie aka Cute Girl said...

hadn't planned on it but i just might start washing the silverware with less of a gripe :p so at least something was gainned from this lol

Anonymous said...

Love the blog about comon sense and how so often we all seem to loose it. Kepp it coming when you have the spurts of writting I love to read it and so often it makes alot of sense. Keep touching us and enlightening us.

Jay said...

Now that was was funny I so enjoy reading that lol . we all have to remember to have common sense sometime . One My favortive I Told one my kids at work was ... We do not stand up and walk... what kinda sense dose that make .. what meant to tell the children was we do not stand up and eat but that not what came out my mouth .. than agian to today at lunch ... I told one my little boys(his name JAY) go sit by Jay than when he looked at me funny and I computer what I said I help him to go find a chair

Jay said...

i love the quote on the siggie