Monday, March 10, 2008

Guilt Free Blogging

Leave it to me to join a revolution and have a spiritual insight at the same time...



About the revolution:
K- I am so into this because up until today I think there were honestly 8 posts on this blog. This is about blogging care free without a set schedule everyday. I've never been one to post daily and while sometimes I wish I could post more, I just haven't been in a writing mood. Well, someone out there gets me because they started a revolution... There's so much logic behind this, it's rediculous. Click on the button above to find out more.

My Insight:
So this has got me thinking about how much guilt and extra responsibility we put on ourselves when it comes to the net. As I've never been much for blogging on the regular, I'm gonna have to look to tagging for my example in this. This last weekend I participated in a tag war. I started fretting over all these taggies I HAD to get out. People like my tags- it makes me feel good but are you serious? I had 12 offers up and ended up with about 120 names a piece I needed to tag (add names to the blank). You do the math cause I ended up with way too many to get done in a day or two.

Now, I am the first person to say hey I haven't forgotten u or i'm behind but this is the internet. I have a real life in which I have things to do. You know run a sweeper, look for a job, SLEEP etc... So I took a deep breath & stopped feeling guilty that I wasn't going to be done quickly. As I see it, you can wait a day or two for your free gift because while I feel like it's a good thing to bless you- I'm not going to have guilt over not doing it faster.

We as people put too much weight in the joys of others. This is certainly very easy to do, especially over the net. My yahoo groups bring me great joy but I doubt very seriously that the second I send an email someone reads it. These people are my friends- we have an amazing back and forth but I cannot have added guilt because I am only available to them when I am online. That's life! The only people who get more attention than my comp are my family and my lover. And bless their hearts but they let me have my computer addiction without complaint.

I create tags for me, I blog for me. You may not like my style or taste but one day something I say or make is gonna click with you. Just like the same goes for my taste towards your creations. Why should you feel guilty about not pleasing every person, when we create to please ourselves? Just something to think about....