Thursday, February 7, 2008

Being Thankful

I read somewhere once that "Thank You is the only prayer you need".

Today, as well as many others I have to push myself to find things to be thankful for. I mean thankfully enough I am not hurting today, have no huge engagements I have to prepare for or stress about, and well honestly I'm still in my pj's so something has got to be going right! LOL.. But how do you look inside on the bad days and find something to be honestly grateful about?

I can't tell you the answer to that because I look outside of myself on such days. Today for example, I have been reminded that someone does love me. (I cheated & checked my old text messages lol) Between online friends like, Lesley, and real life friends, like my mom- there's always someone I can reach out to. And even when they are not readily available, I can blog or email with the knowledge that when they see my meesage they will respond. When the weather is rainy and my knees hurt because of it, I am thankful for the excuse to take it easy that day. When something hasn't worked out as planned, I force myself to remember that it did at least work part way. My mom posts at least once a week a list of things she is grateful for. I am amazed how it varies or what even inspires it and yet she does it to remind herself that on days like these there is still enough good in the world to smile about.

The fact that your heart is beating is reason to be thankful. And I just rememberred that! May you find a reason to be thankful!!!

3 comments:

Phyl said...

I am thankful for you!!!

Phyl said...

I have an award for you:). Come and get it: http://scrappynhappy.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-very-first-award.html

Bloggy hugs!

Phyl

Phyl said...

An attitude of gratitude is what will carry you thru the pits of hell. Well said, Miss Thing.

Love u~