Thursday, February 21, 2008

Puppies

--part 3 of responses to sage advice--

"All men are NOT dogs."

With the amazing number of jerks out there, this is a revelation I feel women need reminded of from time to time. As not all women are the same, all men aren't either. I have recently been reminded this.

One man in particular has made me wonder frequently in the past couple of weeks if the above statement can be even close to true. Every time I turn around there is a sexual innuendo or an offer for a favor with high prices on the pay back. To top it off- it's not just him I've had to deal with. Several "friends" are way to excited about my being single and have started "sniffing" around the perimeter and hinting that perhaps friendship is not the only thing on their minds anymore. And while I am sad some of these friendships are coming to an end because of this, I have to be thankful that not all men are the same.

Over the last few weeks, I have been blessed to spend time with a wondeful man. An ex of mine and I have started talking again and while it's obvious that we both might want more out of this, he has been a perfect gentleman. We watch movies and have long conversations about everything or nothing and time just flies. When I know I am going to see him- I get excited. I change into just the right outfit and then back into pj bottoms & a t-shirt lol. I have things I just can't wait to tell him- in short, I just might be falling in love with him all over again. And while it's fun and exciting that's not the point of this post.

The point is that everyone is different. Just because you have been hurt by men doesn't mean there isn't one out there who won't recognize you for the amazing woman you are. Not all gorgeous, hard working, intellegent men are gay or married! They do exist somewhere in the world and unfortunately you haven't met the right one yet. By focussing on the negative aspects of a few, you ruin it for the whole and also for yourself. In life, it is important to take things one day at a time. Greet each situation as if it's the first time you've approached it. Same for people! Yes, there are men who are dogs, and there are women who are Uber Bi-otches. But this is not every single one of them.

You've officially been reminded! Now hug yourself for me and go find an excuse to laugh...

1 comment:

Phyl said...

woof~ woof~

Ok...lol...sorry. Bad hands! This is all so true and I am happy that the lil ole lady that is folder over inside of you is NOT jaded~

P.S. I love ur dude, too!