Sunday, February 17, 2008

Isn't he Grown?

--part 2 of responses to sage advice--

"Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior."

This one is for you, sis. I love you reguardless... My sister's boyfriend and I do not get along. Mainly because I feel like he is underhanded, childish, and irresponsible most of his good days. (I know... what happened to judge not lest ye be judged? but it gets better...) He thinks I am some useless whore and not worthy of spitting on if i'm on fire. That being said, my sister is a nut behind him and feels the need to explain his actions to me. This quote made me immediately think of them.

There have been several instances where my sister has come to me upset over the fact that me and her boo simply cannot and will not get along. I told her to get a new guy and we'd get along fine but ehh... not what she has in mind. She sits me down at least once a month and says "well he's going through this" or "he didn't mean it like that". And while that is all fine and good, shouldn't he be the one explaining it? Where is his responsibility in this scenario? On her shoulders where it shouldn't be. I am so fed up with her excuses for his behavior. I'm supposed to respect this grown man who can't even talk to me when he acts an ass? Is that a dummy question? Cause I for one think it's not him at all. I think she feels bad for how he acts and for whatever reason is deciding to stand by him. This added responsibility on her though is a stress in their relationship that I hope does not blow up in her face.

Ladies, what happened to looking for a man people in your life could respect? Where has the desire for an equal partnership gone?

I understand wanting children but this a grown man and it's not your job to right his wrongs. His childish behavior is on him. I'd believe he was appologetic if HE apologized. There's no need for excuses when a man should be able to take responsibility for his own actions.

Just stop it please! No more excuses- make them take on their own responsibilities!

1 comment:

Phyl said...

where was THIS post ummm...like 19 years ago? oh, that's right...at Kindergarten...lol.

good news is that although I may be slow....I GOT IT~

Can I get a woot~ woot~?

I love you, Sissy.

Opinions expressed in this post may be endorsed by the house management...rotflmao!